Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Easter Bonnet!!

When I was 7, I was in a church play and we sang the song "Easter bonnet" I was a flower. I remember feeling miserable in my green ribbed tights, my green skivvy, and crepe paper flower mask. The boy I loved was 11, he wore a shirt and bow tie and got to have a girl in a beautiful dress, with a beautiful bonnet walk around him and sit on his knee! I wanted desperately to have a beautiful Easter bonnet!!

This year I got to make an Easter bonnet!! Sienna is still not old enough to be needing an Easter hat so instead I made one for my girlfriends daughter Paris! She looked and felt very special, as all girls should. I love making Easter hats. This year only Landon needed a hat in my family. So I got to get out some of my creativity on my friends kids, she has 6 kids, 5 of which needed hats. We had 11 kids at her house and less than 2 hours to make 6 hats!! We had a few hiccups caused by a broken stapler, and no sticky tape, but when you have lots of kids you get resourceful!!

I will post some pics of the hats as well as some of the hats I have made in the past!! I usually get my materials from newsagents or $2 shops. This year because I wanted Paris's hat to be extra special I went to feather.com.au They have some amazing feathers, and are worth a look, check them out!!













No comments:

Post a Comment