Friday, March 18, 2011

Singing in the Rain!!

Summer is over. I think I have been in our pool maybe once, this summer! Today was pouring with rain, and miserable! The kids and I, were all busy painting. I have been painting a canvas, or 5, for my sisters new Naturopathy and Massage clinic!! I want them to be good. My sister Corinne is a savy business woman, and I am very proud of her. So I am feeling the pressure to do something great!

When the rain came down so hard, that the kids and I could barely talk to each other inside, we decided to have a break from painting and try swimming instead!

It usually has to be piping hot for me to swim, yes I am one of those mum's! So today when the kids said "Can we swim? Can we? Can we?" I decided I would not only let them, but join them. It was cold enough for me to be painting in my ugg boots, so putting on my swimmers and heading into the rain was pretty bold of me. Although the kids all wanted to swim, when it came to the crunch, it was only Noah and I who were nuts enough!! The other kids just ran around in the rain, screaming.

I remembered loving swimming in the rain when I was a kid, somehow it was way more fun 25years ago!! Today, I felt 2 things, freezing, and crazy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment