Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve

It was going to be our first Christmas in our new house. Damion was keen to have Christmas in Melbourne with all of the Tuccis. However we decided to do something a little different this year.

Things were going to be different for the Vinsons this year as some of my family members were not going to be around for Christmas. My brother Joshy is living in NZ at the moment and wouldn't be home and my brother Benji had his wifes family here from QLD so he wouldn't be there either. Things would be a little quiet for my parents so we decided to have a sleep over at mum and dads house.

 The kids were so excited. I have a brother who is 14, so my kids love to hang out with their cool uncle. My dad was also very excited and decided to set up the tent for the kids to sleep in. My parents are on 5 acres so there is plenty of room for the kiddies to run around. I packed up presents and clothes and sleeping bags and drove down in the afternoon. Dame worked the day and so arrived late that night. My brother Ben came over in the afternoon, with his kids. So the kids got to see their cousins and have a play together. We had a bbq for dinner. Mum and dad went to deliver gifts to some family friends for a few hours.

Kesh and I gathered the kids and rehearsed the nativity that we would perform, when mum and dad returned home. Acting out the nativity is a tradition we have every Christmas. Nan was there so she was roped into being the angel. Sienna and Oli played Mary and Joseph, Landon and Noah were shepherds and  Laith and Landon and Noah were all wise men. My mum has some amazing costumes she has made as well as a donkey and sheep costume she had sent over from the states. The kids were so fantastic, they sang and acted the nativity so well. We all had a great night together, and for a while were able to focus on something other than presents.

 The kids all went to sleep in the tent at about 10, even the twins slept out there. Trooper, Kesh and Tim's dog, guarded the tent the entire night.

 I felt like a kid again, I havent slept at my parents house on Christmas Eve, since I was married, thats 13 Christmas's ago!! I was so excited I literally could not sleep!! Christmas Eve at my mum and dads house was great, I could definitely do this again. It was a really special Christmas.







No comments:

Post a Comment