Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday!

Every Sunday we go to church as a family! Getting everyone ready is quite a challenge! I usually iron all the clothes the night before as we have to leave the house at around 8:40am. We are usually running a little late! Even though the shirts all get ironed they often end up on the floor before they end up being worn!

This morning I got up first had my shower dried my hair and came out to find Laith sitting in his pyjamas reading Harry Potter, "Hurry up get dressed, then you can read!" The ritual of harassment begins! I have to go around to all the kids saying "Have you had breakfast?" "Can you find your tie please?" "Where are your shoes? Put them on" Meanwhile I am going in and out of the bathroom periodically to finish getting myself ready! Dame usually gets the kids to eat, while I do all the finishing touches like hair, and finding socks, and breaking up fights! It is really quite exhausting! Today we had Kesh and Tim staying with us, Kesh was a great help getting the twins ready for me. Tim was able to get a few great shots of the kids!


 

 

 Church goes for 3hours, the first hour we are all in one room together, we try to encourage the kids to be reverent. We let the kids draw or look at books. Today Noah drew a picture of Laith picking his nose! This made Laith very upset, Laith is quite a passionate kid, not really sure where he gets that from! Damion thinks it's from me?! So Laith elbowed Noah, who in turn elbowed him back, this went on for a few minutes until I gave them both a filthy look! Then Noah decided to make a list of all the 'Mean people in the family' the list said Laith Tucci, Laith Tucci, Laith Tucci and so on, all down the magna-doodle we take to church for the twins to draw on! By now Laith pretty much had smoke blowing from his ears. Laith looked at me with fury in his eyes and said in a very angry, but quiet voice, that Noah was making a list about mean people and it only had HIS name on it! Trying not to make the situation any worse I said with a chuckle "Well that is pretty funny" Noah knows exactly how to get a reaction from Laith, and I explained this, and said maybe he should just ignore it?! I was thinking the whole time it is quite ironic that we are sitting in church hoping to increase the feelings of love for each other, and here they are fighting the whole time! I wondered if in fact anaything was sinking in?! Then Noah wrote a list of the 'Nice people in the family' and wrote Mum, Dad, Landon Tucci, Sienna Tucci, Oliver Tucci!  Laith was really struggling now, and looked at me again with a snarl on his face! "I whispered Noah is pretty clever don't you think?" Then Noah looked at me and wrote Laith Tucci then underneath wrote sometimes, and had an arrow pointing to Laith's name! Laith grabbed the magna doodle and wrote the heading 'Cool people in the family'. I was thinking Ow no, here we go!Underneath he wrote one name, and it was Noah Tucci. He handed the magna-doodle back to Noah with a smile!! Now Noah was smiling too, but my smile was the biggest! A little moment of victory! Perhaps our efforts to get to church each week really are paying off!!





 

 

 

1 comment: