Friday, December 17, 2010

STRESS!!

I know I have been slack with my entries lately, but when I get stressed I withdraw a little from life!! I love being a mum, I know I have said this. This week I have been a little stressed! I have lots going on, and due to certain circumstances I will not go into I have not been able to start my Christmas shopping until this week, stress number one. I also have a lot going on at the moment with assignments from church, stress 2 and 3 and 4. I also have a very difficult 4year old who for some reason seems to be throwing tantrums that last his entire waking day! I think it is sometimes easy for mums to feel run down at this time of year! There seems to be so many things going on. From the usual Christmas shopping to school presentations and talent shows, and Christmas party's.

Today is day 2 of the school holidays. The house is trashed and the kids are cranky. I have been working on something I need to present at church on sunday. So after I picked up Laith from a party, I gathered everyone together and said "The house is a mess, there is 4 loads of washing to fold, I need to cook dinner and clean and vacuum the house before dad gets home. Does anyone have a solution as to how I can get all of this done?" Straight away Sienna starts to say in her sweet little voice, "We should all love each other and share our toys and help as team work to clean up the toy room." then as soon as she finishes Laith begins with his lecture on how the twins are messy and make all the mess and so should clean all the mess, and why does anyone else have to clean up their mess!!! He was getting louder and louder. I say "maybe I will just do only the work that is mine?" He starts arguing again, and saying you are just stressed, the other boys join in saying they don't have to clean the twins mess either. So in order to not get angry and start yelling, I send them all to their rooms and say in frustration " I will do it all by myself!!!"

10minutes pass and Landon who has cheerily been cleaning upstairs with the twins comes down to me with a note from Laith that says:

 "I have a theory. In your mind is a train of thought. And on that train of thought is you. Now this train of thought only goes one way. Forward. You seem to think that, since it is YOUR train of thought, it is the right train of thought. That is where you are wrong.

In your mind, right at the back, you know that what I said was true. You DO suffer from stress. That stress is from overwork. If you don't believe me read 'Dr Dog' What you need to do, is relax. Let your brain run. Think. Think about what I said, and what I will say....

Punishment on us is not rational at all. If you really are going to punish, punish me! The boys don't deserve it. I really don't think I deserve it either, though. All I was doing was trying to bring you to your senses. Think about what you've done to us. And think, "should I really have done that?" And relax.

Laith."

I was cracking up the whole time I was reading this! Laith is 11, he wrote that in 10minutes!!! I think he is going to be a lawyer! His powers of persuasion are very impressive! Needless to say, the kids are all out of their rooms and the house remains a mess, for now!! I was reminded today by my 11 year old boy, that some things are more important than a perfect house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment