Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Australia Day Breakfast!!

Dame and I woke at 6am to hear clanging pans in our kitchen, it was still quite dark in the house so Dame headed down to investigate. He found Laith our eldest preparing some Australia Day breakfast. When we woke again we were instructed to wait while Laith finished making his buffet breakfast for us. I snuck down to take a few pics. At about 9:50 we were finally allowed to come down stairs in a line of youngest to oldest. Laith was waiting at the bottom of the stairs to greet us with a "Happy Australia Day" sign stuck to his yellow t-shirt!! He said Happy Australia Day and gave us all high fives! then led us to the table where he had set out the food for us. Fruit Kebabs - on straws, because he couldn't find skewers! Damper he had made himself, chocolate pancakes, vita- wheets with vegemite, lamingtons, yogurt ice-blocks, and ice-cream sandwiches!!

It was quite an amazing sight!! I asked how he managed all of this, and he whispered to me he had been up and preparing since 3:30am!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I could manage as a response to that was to laugh and laugh and laugh!! All the kids wanted to know why I was laughing and I said I couldn't believe he had gone to so much effort for us! They were all begging to know and Laith was saying "No dad will be really angry." I said "No he won't, will you Dame." So reluctantly Laith said "3:30!" Dame said "WHAT???? What were you thinking?" Laith replied in a defending tone " I was thinking I knew it would take me this long to make and I was right!!"

I am feeling very blessed to be an Aussie today, and very blessed to be a mum!! I am so touched he would go to such lengths to surprise me, and to make it a special day. He is such a great kid!!





No comments:

Post a Comment