Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Nonno!!

Being a true blue Aussie chick, there is not a whole lot of culture in my family!! Marrying my Italian stallion gave me new heritage and traditions! I love being an Aussie, I am proud of my accent. I love Vegemite and meat pies, and all things Aussie. However I now consider myself to have Italian heritage too. I love my Tucci name, I love the Italian people, I love their language, I love their fashion, the beautiful parts of Italy I have visited, and especially..... the food!!!

 Giuseppe, Johnny, Joe, Dad, or as my kids call him Nonno, could make anyone love Italians. He is warm, always smiling, charming, cheeky, hard-working, very fit, and an incredible cook!! Every morning at their house I wake up to a hot lemon honey drink, and a fruit platter. Lunch consists of anything from egg and ricotta frittata and salad to fried up veggies and leftover meatballs. Dinner always includes pasta, and salad. He makes schnitzel, lasagna, and stuffed eggplants, and grows most of his own veggies, and bottles his own pasta sauce! One of the family favourites is - crispelli Italian doughnuts!! When they are hot from the fry-pan we love to smother them in jam! Nonno lives in the kitchen, he loves to cook and fuss, and look after everyone!! When he is not in the kitchen he is on the phone, (the speaker phone) calling all his relatives!! I called him tonight to read him my blog, he  chuckles and says to me in his Italian accent "Ow  Jessic (he always leaves off the a) wow that is great, don't stop there....just keep on going." I could keep on going!  At the end of every conversation he says to me "Love you Bella, Ciao" He loves life, and when you are around him that yest for life and deep love he has for everyone is contagious! He is awesome and I would struggle to find a better father-in law!!

Have a look at the pics and try and guess his age??

We love you Nonno!! Thanks for always taking such good care of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment