Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Date night!!

While we were living it up in Melbourne. We managed to have a night of grown-ups! After putting the 9 kiddies to bed. (Quite the process with way too much chatting and excitement in a room with 5 cousins!) We snuck out with Nath and Emily to go to Dame's favourite place, and the only place open after 11pm in the suburbs!! Pancakes!!

On the drive to Pancakes Dames brother Tony called. After much persuasion (being so late, and the fact they had already eaten) and a detour to their house we convinced them to join us. Having 2 boys who are in their mid and late teens, Tony and Janet have the luxury of heading out any night they want on a hot date!! For us, and Nath and Em, these nights are rare!! I don't think we have actually ever all been out before, together, without kids!! So it was only fitting we should choose a very grown-up venue!!

As we were waiting for our food, Tony and Nath sat down to play a game of chess, there was a sign below the table, that made me chuckle! I didn't know chess was so hazardous!

We had a great night. Dames siblings are all very easy going and great to be around. It is a new years resolution for us to make more efforts to be closer to them.

Since moving away from my family our date nights have become less frequent. Occasionally we will drive to Sydney and bring my nan up for the night then drive her home again! I am going to get more creative this year and find ways to date my husband in my own house after the kids are in bed! We have movie nights together but I need to find other ideas. If you have any great tips, let me know I would love to try them!! I think date nights are a key ingredient to a great marriage!!











No comments:

Post a Comment