Monday, January 31, 2011

Chocolate!!

Anyone who knows me at all, knows I am completely in love with chocolate!! I love chocolate in almost any form. Some of my favourite chocolate things are chocolate mousse, chocolate cheesecake, anything dark chocolate, and chocolate icing!! YUM!!! Here is a little video blog of me making some chocolate coconut slice, with some very sensational icing!! The slice is super easy, I am sure your kids could even make it!! So give it a go, and let me know what you think :)

125g butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup self plain flour
1/3 cup self raising flour
1 tablespoon coco
1 egg

melt butter, add all other ingredients mix with a spoon, press into a lamington tin, bake in moderate oven for 20min, or until just firm to touch. Spread with icing immediately, stand 10min then sprinkle with coconut.

Icing (the best bit)
45g unsulted butter
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons coco

combine butter, water and caster sugar over med heat in small saucepan, once sugar is dissolved add icing sugar and coco, set aside while slice cooks, ice immediately once slice it cooked!!


1 comment:

  1. I think you need a camerperson, or another set of hands haha! Very brave to tackle the video blog but I think you should offer free samples for people who leave comments.

    ReplyDelete