Monday, February 28, 2011

Cookie Monsters and little helpers!!

We have a cookie monster in our house his name is Oli, he is 4, he loves cookies!! As soon as he wakes up he asks me for a cookie. He knows the answer and so now he says "mum when dad goes to work can I have a cookie?" He is difficult to refuse, firstly he is super cute, and secondly I love cookies too, so I understand his needs!!

Yesterday I was having an uninspiring day. Some things were happening that were making me a little nuts. I decided to make some cookies! Landon my 7year old was in a particularly helpful mood yesterday. When Landon is being a little helper life is really good. He has this amazing ability to change moods, he can always make me smile. He is cheeky and lots of fun. On days when he wants to help he does random things from giving me an impromptu back rub, to making all the beds in the house. The lovely part is he never wants anything for it, he feeds off praise, and kisses.

When I started making the cookies he joined me in the kitchen straight away, got out his rolling pin and became my little helper, once the cookies were made, all the kids became my little helpers and helped me eat them!!



1 comment:

  1. in the first picture of oli, he looks aboriginal. i mean...brown.

    ReplyDelete