Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Good Old Tantrum!!

If you have kids, or know anyone with kids you also know about tantrums!! Luckily my kids are now getting to a stage where they don't have as many. I have witnessed some huge ones in my time though.

I am in the process of re-doing my bedroom, I just wanted to simplify it and make it lighter and brighter. I had bought a new white doona cover about a week ago, and yesterday, I was shopping for accessories and cushions (I am addicted to cushions) After about an hour of looking at homewares, I owed the twins some toy time, which involves them going to the toy section and telling me what they want for their birthdays. (in August) While they were looking, my friend who has 4 kids called, as we were chatting Sienna had lined up 9 barbie dolls in a row on the floor and told me I needed to buy her 3. My friend and I were discussing how clever kids are with their powers of negotiation. After much persuasion and a promise of sushi I persuaded the twins to follow me without any barbies! (small victory) However on the way out we saw a dress Sienna loved!!! The dress had a matching dolls dress. Sienna began begging and pleading with me! I am a sucker for anything I wanted as a child, or had as a child. I always wanted a dress that matched my doll, this one was reduced, I had a voucher and so I ended up getting it for her, Oli wanted a t-shirt that was also reduced and I felt like I couldn't get him nothing and Sienna a dress so to avoid a tantrum, I bought them both! As I was leaving the shop I realised they had just used their powers of persuasion on me, and won!!

Last night I set up the new doona, I have had it in a bag for over a week. I have been waiting for Dame's final word or final approval so I could keep it!! I had done some things throughout the week to help seal the deal!!! I was feeling like it was time to bust it out. I set up the bed with my new cushions and white sheets so he could get the final look before I opened it. He said "yep looks good." (also meaning I don't really care, or think we need a new doona) So I set it up. This took a very long time. I gathered items from around the house taking a cushion off Laiths bed, hanging a new picture up, taking down old art work, even changing photos in frames, rummaging through cupboards looking for throw rugs, and anything else I could use to pull it all together!! A BIG effort!!!

I call Dame in he has a look and says: "Don't you think white will be a lot of up-keep?"

What??? Why did he wait until now to tell me this? I ignore him.

An hour later we get into bed, lights out, long pause then he says to me "So I guess we are keeping the doona?" I jump out of bed in a fit of rage!!! Turn the light on, rip the doona off, pull the cover off the blanket, throw the blanket back on the bed!!!  Yes my own little tantrum, not my finest hour!!! Dame wakes up this morning and says you can keep the doona!!!!!! I say "Forget it. After all that I don't even want it now!!!" I the go to the cupboard and pull out an old doona, that is white on the back, I flipped it over and got almost the same result, for free!!

Kids or no kids tantrums are a part of life, they sometimes get us what we want, and at the very least they are always amusing!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment