Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cruising down the f3 in my Tarago!!

Growing up in a family of 5 kids, (my parents added another brother to the mix when I was 20, making it 6!!) we of course drove a Tarago. In fact, I think we may have had one of the first ever Taragos in Australia. It was a red toyota Tarago DX. I wrote about it in my journal when I was 8!! I even drew a picture of it. I remember so clearly the day we picked it up, we were so excited. There were 4 kids then, and we all got our own window, although the back ones didn't open!! We would beg dad "Turn on the back windscreen wiper please dad, please?" Then we would all turn around and watch as the wiper would go side to side and we would squeal and laugh in awe of our incredible car! As I got older I grew to despise that car! Dad had a disgusting maroon vinyl cover on the front hood to protect it from stones chipping the paint! I thought the cover was far more offensive than some paint chips!! When my friends would see the car coming they called it the spacca van!! I was embarrassed to be seen in it! The rear wipers no longer impressed me. I wanted desperately to just have a normal sedan like all my friends! I vowed I would never make my kids drive around in a tarago!!

When I was 30, and pregnant with the twins I got a present off my dad!! My very own Tarago!!! Maybe the best gift I have ever received! Not only does mine have a rear wiper, but it also has rear sensors, and even a tv!! My kids friends think our car is cool, and as there is no vinyl piece on my hood, I think it is pretty cool too!!

On the weekend we drove to the south coast to spend some time with my sis and her hubby, and to see my Pa. It is a 3 hour drive for us now. The kids are good travellers. Noah and Landon play in the back, and Laith is in the middle reading, the twins play their own games to pass the time. I took a little video of the twins playing one of their made up games as we drove down in our cool Tarago!!


No comments:

Post a Comment