Thursday, February 17, 2011

The differences between Boys, and Girls!!

I am often surprised and amazed at the differences between boys and girls! Having twins, one boy and one  girl, it is impossible to avoid comparisons! It seems they were born one in pink and one in blue! They are both so typically their gender it often leaves me smiling to myself. From their little conversations with each other to the toys they are drawn to and how long they take to do things. It is quite entertaining to watch their little differences!

Oli puts on one outfit a day, just one! In fact he would be happy to wear one outfit for the entire week, if I let him!! Sienna changes her clothes on average, 4 times a day! There is no way in the world I could get her to wear the same outfit for two days, even if it was only on her for 5 minutes of the previous day!

When Oli does craft he usually lasts about 10minutes maximum. Sienna can sit cutting, pasting, glueing, drawing for about 1hour without moving!

Oli is hungry all day long! Sienna eats 3 meals and about 2 snacks per day.

Oli loves getting dirty, Sienna loves to be clean.

Oli loves playing with trains, Sienna loves to play with barbies!

The list goes on! The thing that sets them apart the most is singing!!! Sienna sings all day long, she sings to her barbies, she sings to her doll, she sings on her pretend phone, she sings on the toilet, she sings in the bath, she sings in the car, everywhere we go she sings. Her life is pretty much one really long disney movie!! I have been trying to get some of her songs on video for a while, she always sees me! So yesterday when she was on my bed singing to her doll, I asked if I could video. She agreed!! I'm pretty sure she is going to be a famous singer one day!! If not she will at least be a fantastic mummy!!



2 comments:

  1. I have two girls and the difference between them is huge. One is girly, pink, clothes, barbies, sings or talks all day etc.

    The other isn't a Tomboy but loves books, piano, photography, blue is her favourite colour, adores to wear jeans and for her 11th birthday party we are arranging a Nerf gun war (with boys) and a Nerf Gun Cake.

    My boy is more like Leonard on Big Bang Theory, loves boys things but also slightly weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Nerf party sounds awesome! I guess at the end of the day it's just about personalities really! It's just funny that my twins seem to be very much the stereotype boy and girl!! They really do compliment each other though and manage to be best mates despite their differences!! :-)

    ReplyDelete