Monday, February 7, 2011

'Picture Perfect'

Pictures tell a thousand words, or do they?  Being my wedding Anniversary yesterday, with no husband at home (Dame was away for work) I decided that the kids and I would have our own date night! I love taking my kids on date nights, but it is usually one on one! Besides MacDonalds, I don't think I have ever taken them all out to dinner on my own before. I take them shopping with me all the time, for food and clothing, and they are usually pretty good.

I had spent yesterday doing not a whole lot at all. I was feeling sorry for myself that Damion was away and due to being in meetings all day was non contactable. The twins had made cubby houses all over the house, in their room, the family room, my wardrobe. The house was a mess. When the big boys got home from school we all agreed to work together. Laith and Oli swept the driveway. Sienna cleaned her room, I cleaned the rest of the house. Landon and Noah, picked up a toy every time I walked past them, looking busy enough that they didn't get into trouble. The reward was dinner with mum at GPK's, (pizza)

We headed out at 6, the kids were given strict instructions to be perfect! They were not!! As soon as we were seated, Sienna and Landon started fighting and screaming about who was going to sit next to me!! Finally after threatening to all go home, and tears from both of them, I moved. When pencils and books were brought out to draw on, they fought over who had what color. When they got their dough to play with they  stuck it all over their faces, and ate it and banged it noisily on the table. Then when dinner came Landon decided to eat some chillies from the pizza and started screaming, and then spat it out all over the place. They were out of control. Everyone was staring at us!! I left exhausted, feeling even more in awe of single mummy's, and vowing NEVER to take them out to dinner on my own again!!

The great thing about pictures, my kids look perfect, and we all look like we are having an awesome night together.....which most of the time is true!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment