Friday, November 19, 2010

Daddy's Girl

There is something special about a little girl's relationship with her daddy. After having 3 boys my husband in particular was desperate for a little girl! Damion is a fantastic dad and he loves all the kids so much, but there is an extra special bond he has with Sienna. She can make him melt, and she brings out a real softness in him. I love watching them together. I love seeing his face when she walks into the room to show him a pretty new dress she is wearing! I love seeing Dame read to the twins every night before they go to bed. I love seeing Sienna when she does something to make Dame proud of her, like make her bed, or share toys, or complete a puzzle. She wants his approval and love and he is such a great daddy! There are two best daddy's in the world!! Sienna has one of them, and I have the other!!

I have always been a daddy's girl, from the day I was born he was putty in my hands. Apart from when I started dating (that's another blog) I could pretty much get what I wanted from my dad, whether I needed a cuddle and some words of encouragement or if I needed to borrow his car, I had him figured out. All he needed was my love and affection in return and that was easy, he was after all the worlds best dad. ( at this stage, Damion was just a dad in the making!!)

 My dad could do magic tricks, he could talk to fire and make chocolate appear in his hands by simply saying "Abracadabra, simsalabim!" He had the biggest muscles I had ever seen and, he could blow them up and make them even bigger by simply putting his thumb in his mouth!! My dad had the best stories from when we was a rugby player nick named 'maddog'! We loved hearing his stories because this only proved to us how big and strong he was, and we knew no-one would dare to hurt us because he would give them a knuckle sandwich.... or much worse!! My dad took us on the best holidays ever, whether it was to a caravan park or Disneyland we always had so much fun! Holidays were really important to dad, and we went on lots! My dad taught me how to ride my bike, gave me elephant rides to bed at night, was the green monster in our swimming pool, and gave us the biggest hugs and tickles. He read us stories at night and told me he loved me every single day. Dad always called me princess, and I felt like one, in fact he still calls me princess when he calls or texts me. Maybe the best thing my dad ever did or does is love my mum, there was so much security for me in that knowledge that he loved my mum more than anything else!

 As I got older I would try to do things for my dad to let him know how great I thought he was, and this is probably why I am his favourite child!! haha. I would write my dad cards telling him why I loved him, I also made him notes with smiley faces on them, the eyes were coconut roughs and the mouth was a mars bar. I would organise the other kids to set up the table and we would all get dressed in our best clothes and cook and serve mum and dad candlelit dinners. I always gave him lots of cuddles. Even now when I really need to convince my dad of  something, all I have to do is kiss and cuddle him and he is putty!!

Whether it is big girls and their daddy or little girls and their daddy it is the same, we want to feel loved, adored and protected and they want to feel loved, adored and needed. My dad still tells me he loves me up to the stars, and that is good, because I love him up to the stars and back!!

dad when he was dating mum.
Dad, Ben, baby Corinne, and me.
Me, Rin, Josh, Ben and dad
On my wedding day with mum and dad
All the kids, Corinne, Dad, Mum Tim (brother in law) Kesh, Caleb, Josh, Me, Ben,  on Kesh and Tims wedding day.

1 comment:

  1. He is the best, I agree. He is a sucker for hugs and cuddles and so predictable and true to form. You figured out very early on the way to his heart and it has always worked. He adores his girls.

    ReplyDelete