Monday, November 1, 2010

The Wizard of Oz

I am Jess, I am a 34year old mum with 5 kids. I love being a mum. For as long as I can remember that is what I wanted to do. When asked at school "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I would always repy "I want to be a mum" That answer often did not seem to satisfy my teachers or peers, but I was never put off by their lack of enthusiasm!!

As women we have great power to nurture and love, and as a mum I get to do that every day. I wanted to create a blog so my kids could see the joy I have in being their mum, and to document this small moment in time when I can play a part in shaping the sort of human beings they may become!!

In the wizard of Oz towards the end when Dorothy is ready to leave and return home the good witch tells her "You've always had the power to go back to Kansas." the scarecrow asks, frustrated and confused "Well why didnt you tell her that before?" The good witch replies "Because she wouldnt have believed me!" If we could view our roles as busy mums and wives, as something wonderful, as a time to teach and encourage our children to believe they can do anything, then I believe, anything becomes possible!!

Tucci Family from Tim Coulson on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. Well said Jess :) Love the pics by Tim. You look like you had a lot of fun that day. Keep up the good work. Your kids will thank hourly it one day. Mine have started too. Hahaha it's taken long enough but it's worth the wait.

    Sharon I

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Very cool Jess, and Tim did a great job with the photos!.. you have a beautiful little family!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words Jess! A very exciting venture. Can't wait for the next installment. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first entry Jessie. I am looking forward to following along. Good to see you pursuing your dreams and also fulfilling your ambitions.

    ReplyDelete