Sunday, November 14, 2010

When I grow up!!

Landon my number 3 boy, who is 7 is a very cool kid!! He is easy going, always happy and loves to be funny! In fact this week he has been in some big trouble at school for playing the 'air-trumpet' in the remembrance day assembly!! I was very upset to hear about this behaviour. We go to church together every sunday and all the kids have to sit still for a long time, so showing respect is something Landon is pretty used to doing. When I confronted him about this he said in a very convincing tone "But mum, I just have to be funny, I can't stop it. When people around me are bored I just want to make them happy" I tried to explain that there is a time and place for that, but he still seemed a bit unphased by the whole thing.

One thing Landon is really great at doing is making friends. He is the kind of kid who will go to the park and a few minutes after we arrive come walking over with his arm around some random kid who is his new best friend. He is very confident, and just knows how to make people like him.

This weekend he has had his mate Logan staying here. Logan is practically family and very similar to Landon in personality. These two have a real ball together and are always planning the next time they can hang out before the current play day is even over. Last night Landon says to me "Mum, me and Logan are always going to be best friends, and when we grow up we are going to live together in QLD"  Logan pipes up "And Jess, we are going to go on our holidays to Fiji!" Then Logan turns to Landon excitedly saying "Hey Landon when we live in QLD do you want to go to a different theme park every week?" And Landon is laughing and says back "Yeah that will be so cool."

I love when my kids make plans for when they grow up, they are often very funny and quite unrealistic. I remember once Landon telling me that when he grew up he was going to live in the same street as me and Laith could live around the corner and Noah could live next door to him and the twins could live next door to Dame and I. I had a bit of a laugh and asked why he thought that would be such a good idea, and he responded "Cause then I could still come home for dinner because I don't know how to cook!!" I am going to show him this blog in about 10years time when he wants nothing to do with me!! Maybe by then he will be living in QLD with Logan!!

2 comments:

  1. Corinne wanted to be a pirate and Ben wanted to be a mechanical engineer and have a helicopter. You always wanted to be a mum. One out of three grew up to become what they wanted.

    ReplyDelete